Managing Synchronous and Asynchronous Activities
Successful online teaching is composed of well-organized and highly strategic synchronous and asynchronous activities. In this course, the participants will acquire, develop and enhance their planning, organizing, and implementing effective and efficient synchronous and asynchronous learning. Videos, reading materials, discussion boards, and other resources are provided to facilitate the learning process.
Online distance learning has challenges such as engaging students, determining the most appropriate resources, and managing the virtual classroom. This course aims to help educators find the right balance between synchronous and asynchronous learning by providing effective and efficient online teaching strategies.
At the end of course, you will be able to
- Identify the differences between synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Explain helpful strategies that educators may apply for an effective and efficient online teaching experience.
- Enumerate the advantages and disadvantages of synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Acquire helpful knowledge about the SAMR model and its use in online teaching.
- Master online teaching through the provided tips and strategies.
- Apply learnings and insights through the creation of an action plan.
Who should take this course
- Individuals interested in knowing how to manage the synchronous and asynchronous modes of learning
Xepto Digital Computing Inc
Jalieca L. Gadong is a Licensed Professional Teacher, Google Certified Educator, Certified Apple Teacher and Microsoft Office Specialist. Formerly, she was the Coordinator for Student Affairs and Formation (CSAF) at De La Salle Santiago Zobel School where she led and implemented development programs for the students and faculty. Prior to being designated as the CSAF, she taught various business subjects such as Accounting, Management, Market Research, Economics and Entrepreneurship in the same institution.
Presently, she is the Product Manager at Xepto Education. She also actively mentors and coaches educators in using technological tools, particularly the Xepto Cloud LMS for online teaching and training. Using her skills as a Certified Development Dimensions International Facilitator, she assists companies in designing and delivering quality learning programs for their employees.
Prior to teaching, she worked at different global management consulting firms where she helped plan and implement business solutions for various corporate clients. Moreover, she is currently pursuing her law studies at San Beda College of Law Alabang.